Is anyone becoming a millionaire just selling domain names?
A Domainer is someone who makes huge profits selling the domain names that are not in your selling portfolio…
The following is a basic beginners list for anyone who wants to become a Domainer:
1. In the beginning you want to keep it simple so register all of your names at the same registrar. Have all of your names in one place where you can keep track of them and sell them on the auction platform. Major Domains registrars have very simple platform for beginners.
2. Try to use the big registrars promo codes to register your Domain names. You can cut that standard pricing by half if you search for all the available promo codes that you can use in a brand new account.
3. A soon as the 60 days blocked transfer period is over, list your domains portfolio with the three main aftermarket sites (Godaddy, Sedo and Afternic). Nobody is going to email you about your domain names.
4. Remember that dot com domain names extension is still kings of the internet and there are plenty of new names combinations available to register. Instead of performing manual searches save time using some instant domain search tools like the ones listed at Justgowith.com. Your can also check a value estimation of the domain names that you are about to register at valuate.com and estibot.com.
5. Try to stay away from using hyphens and check if you are about to register trademarked names at Legalforce.com.
6. Put realistic prices on your domains. Domainers know that you just registered a name for a few dollars with a promo code and you are asking for 10K for it. List them for sale for a few hundred dollars. If any of your domains sells at that price, then you know you are on the right track. If it doesn’t, then you need to rethink your process process for choosing Domain names.
7. Make sure the name you are about to register makes sense. Perform manual searches using the name you are about to register and see if you get a reasonable amount of search results.
8. In the beginning just spend a few hundred bucks on hand registered domains. This will help you get excited about domaining. Ask others on Namepros and DN forum (and other domainers forums) what they think. Most are willing to help and will give their honest opinion. Change direction if you receive poor feedback.
9. Watch the videos on DomainSherpa.com. There is so much information in these videos.
10. Become a member of Namejet.com and follow the auctions. Study which names have lots of bids and why. You can learn a lot by just watching the auctions. Once you have a feel comfortable with for the process then you can start investing more money in single domain names.
11. Visit Domaining.com daily for the latest domaining news and become a reader of DomainInvesting.com, DomainNameWire.com, DomainSherpa.com, and DNjournal.com and learn the basics from Igoldrush.com. Go back through the archives at these sites for lots of great info.
12. Don’t get caught up in the new GTLDs. Just go with what works right now.
13. Don’t get discouraged in the beginning and have fun.